How to get your listeners to pay more attention to you?
Problem: They are information-over-saturated before you speak.
Solution: Pre-edit yourself to short and simple ideas/pitches.
How to Do This?
- Decide what you want people to do.
- Choose three reasons why they would benefit from doing that.
- Write some ideas (bullets) under each of those reasons.
- Edit each bullet: Say the most compelling one first, in 2-3 sentences. (And consider deleting other bullets.)
- Anticipate: What parts might each person not like? REHEARSE your responses to these objections. (Not optional.)
If this conversation is really important to you, rehearse aloud as you walk to lunch, as if you are speaking on your phone.
Reesa Woolf will do all of this for you. Set an Ask the Expert Appointment: 973.906.3100. 973.906.3100, 9:00am – 7:00pm E