04 Mar Leaders, feel stuck with smart, hardworking employees who don’t communicate ideas clearly to colleagues and customers?
Problem: Their colleagues associate meetings with incomprehensible speeches and wasted time.
Solution: Their speaking skills can be dramatically improved. Your department and the employees benefit when:
* Managers regularly alert employees to what may hinder their effectiveness or advancement.
* Managers suggest to English-as-a-Second-Language professionals and others that they improve their communication skills by taking a seminar outside of the company (this avoids the objection of being embarrassed in front of peers).
* The Script for this Meeting –
1.Recognize and praise their current work.
2. Ask if they would like to hear what they could do to be even more valuable or open their career path.
3. When they respond, “Yes,” suggest a seminar.
After the Seminar: They will be motivated to speak more slowly and talk louder. Meeting & webinars will be more valuable. Their colleagues and your customers will be appreciative.
The Bottom Line: What motivates employees to go the extra mile? Management indicates they care about employees’ growth and development (even when the company’s underlying motivation is a more productive workforce).
. Your Forever Speaking Coach,